Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Fresh Paint

For my birthday Stacia and Jeff bought me paint for my kitchen and Stacia and her friend Nikki out of the goodness of their hearts also came to help me paint. Before we could paint I had to get all the old wall paper off. I began that project on the 23rd, lots of fun.

The whole kitchen was the mint green color that you see above. So we paint 3 walls white.

Then on the 4th wall we started will a primer
And two coats of red paint later....

Tada!!

This project took up most of our day and by the end we had a somewhat neglected child.
I was so excited about how this turned out last Saturday that Ryan took me shopping yesterday to find all the rest of the stuff I wanted it to have. So we added curtains. They are red with a white stripe but the picture turned out really dark. :( Not sure why.

I have 2 gerbera daisy vases but I only took a picture of one. One is by my scentsy with only one flower and this one will stay in the middle of my table once I find a black and white table runner.

These next two pictures are my vision coming true! I loved the way this wall turned out and everything with. I planned the wall around the bowls and found everything to match and to me it just looks perfect! I'm so excited to finally claim my kitchen and my own!!

Thanks again Stacia this was a perfect present and thanks Dusty for helping hang the shelf this is exactly what I wanted!

No comments:

Post a Comment