Wednesday, July 15, 2009

A day alone

Monday (after our busy weekend) we decided to go to Lagoon with Trent and Jenny. In doing so we had to leave Tally with someone else. This was the first day since Tally was born (she's over 20 months) that I have gone 24 hours without her. I was sad to leave her at first, but it really was a great day to relax with friends and not have to be on guard all the time. I kept telling Trent "I've been responsible for too long now, I need to get reckless." So naturally we decided that you can't get more reckless than riding the Sky Coaster! Ryan and Trent both decided to go by themselves. I thought that was crazy and they said once you got up there it was really hard to pull the cord. Jenny and I went together. It was still tons of fun. As soon as Jenny pulled the cord we went into a dive! I have no idea why because the boys didn't do that. We got the biggest head rush, as we plumeted toward cement and asphalt. What were we thinking? After the Sky Coaster we decided we couldn't come back to Tally empty handed to Ryan decided to try some of the games to win her a prize. We ended up with 3 inflatable bats, a plush star, and a Carebear. I think she will love them.
We left for Lagoon at 8 and didn't get home until 12:30 in the morning barely awake. My mom and dad officially claimed Tally's first sleep over and from what I hear. She was great and slept through the night. Perhaps more sleepovers are in her future? I thank you Stacia and Mom and Dad for watching Tally so Ryan and I could play!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like crazy fun! I'm glad you got reckless! Way to be!

    ReplyDelete